Saturday, November 5, 2011

Would this scare anyone? Am I crazy for doing this?

29 y/o...Just quit my job of over 10 years. Just walked out and never went back. It was literally like the movie "Office Space" except that it was retail. I've always been the model employee other than the past year or so. I did everything I could short of breaking the law to at least get reprimanded, but to no avail. I was insubordinate, late, even didn't show up a few times, and I was a total ****** to the whole management staff. No one ever said a word to me. Even got a awesome annual eval. WTF? This job was literally making me feel old at 29, and the pay definitely wasn't worth the stress. The stress all caused by other people being lazy and not doing their jobs correctly I might add. So I quit, and in the fall I plan on going back to school after more than 10 years. I feel a little apprehension at the thought of going back to school, but at the same time I feel completely liberated. Am I crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment